Rules & Etiquette
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. To preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules. In brief:
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide or endorse. Please do not use the community to promote yourself or another professional for a position, award, or similar.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- When posting, please request specific recommendations in the form of a private reply. If you are looking for more than general information on a topic and would like the names of specific companies or products that the community recommends, please ask for that in the form of a private reply or provide your email address in the post for responders to reach out to you outside of Forum.
- Please make any specific recommendations in the form of a private reply. We encourage replies to queries that give detailed answers about our community’s experiences but ask that you refrain from mentioning any specific companies or products by name in the public chat. If you would like to make a specific recommendation, please reply by private message to the original poster.
- To our supplier members: The Forum is not a place to sell, promote or solicit. Your wisdom, based on the depth of your experience, is very valuable. Connecting someone in the community with a question directly to one of you clients, may be a way to be helpful.
- To customers of suppliers: Please think twice about how and when you share negative feedback about a supplier. Your experience may be unique and your comments may have unforeseen consequences. If you are posting a response to an query, consider replying just to the person who posted the inquiry rather to the entire community.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- IPMI reserves the right to edit or remove any post that does not follow these guidelines, or that potentially violates antitrust policies.